If you are getting an error message saying ”Do you want to open WebPrintClient for Windows” all the time, there’s a solution for you.
The error is coming from a bug that showed up in version 77 of Chrome that was recently launched worldwide. All users who are using plugins (like ours) in Chrome are asked if they want to accept the plugin every time it is used. The checkbox for ”Always Allow” has disappeared. While waiting for Google to sort things out we have made a snippet of code that removes the question and here’s what you or someone with IT-knowledge can do.
- Download the file by clicking the button below.
- Shut down Chrome so its not running (here you will need help if the program says you are running Chrome even if you can’t see it. )
- Run the program – if it works you will see a black frame for a short while before it closes by itself.
- Start up Chrome again. Now it should work without any popup with questions.
- Repeat the procedure on all affected computers.
If you want to know more – here’s a couple of links describing the error.
There’s a possible workaround described in Comment #25